Accordingly an operation was underway on Tuesday to evacuate thousands of tourists who were stranded after a deadly earthquake jolted Indonesia's Lombok Island killing 98 people and injuring over 200 others. Recently a video released by authorities showed hundreds of people, many believed to be foreign tourists, crammed onto a beach on the island of Gili Trawangan as evacuation measures got underway.
Moreover the island famous for its white sandy beaches and clear waters is located near the epicenter of the 6.9 magnitude quake on Lombok that struck on Sunday evening. Earlier rescue efforts were hampered by shallow waters, but rising sea waters have paved the way for nine ships to dock on Gili Island. So far, up to 2,700 tourists have been moved from the Gili Island. Presently Lombok's airport was open around the clock and had significantly increased its flight schedule.
Further the epicenter of the quake was in northern
Lombok, a more residential, less developed part of the island and the majority
of Lombok's tourist resorts are on the island's southern coast and an estimated
20,000 people have been displaced by the massive earthquake. Reports added rescue
teams on Tuesday also continued searching under debris from collapsing
buildings for more survivors.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections