Hyderabad sources reported that Orient Cement Ltd, a part of C.K. Birla Group, on Monday signed a MoU with Telangana government to expand the capacity of its plant in the state with an investment of Rs 2,000 crore. Meanwhile the companies will double the capacity of its factory at Devapur in Mancherial district to 2.60 million tonnes of cement per annum.
Accordingly the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed by the officials from the two sides in presence of Telangana's Industry Minister K.T. Rama Rao and C.K. Birla Group Chairman C.K. Birla. Moreover Rama Rao told reporters that this expansion will create 4,000 direct jobs and indirect employment to another 4,000 people and also urged Orient Cement to provide jobs to locals and said if necessary, the government would set up a centre to provide training to them.
Furthermore he said since it is a forest area and
the company cannot mine there, the mining will be through Telangana State
Mineral Development Corporation (TSMDC). Moreover he said the limestone
deposits are being given through TSMDC. Further as per report Birla said the
process to obtain all clearances from the Centre for the expansion was
progressing at fast pace and expressed the hope that they would soon get the
clearances and finally said the expansion work would commence soon.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?