Bengaluru sources stated that the Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru achieved a traffic growth of 32.9% in the first quarter of the year, as 8.02 million passengers availed the services compared to 6.04 million passengers during the same period last year.
Accordingly the Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) said that a total of 26.9 million passengers used the airport in 2017-18. Domestic and international passengers grew by 35.8 percent and 16.8 percent, respectively, primarily on the back of holiday season and special offers by airlines. Meanwhile 6.94 million domestic passengers and 1.08 million international fliers passed through the Bengaluru Airport between April and June 2018.
BIAL said in a statement that Air Traffic Movement
(ATM) improved by 32.9%, with a total of 58,054 movements as against 43,673
movements last year. Moreover the Airport averaged 638 movements per day,
with the highest ever ATMs in a single day being 685 on May 4, 2018. Furthermore
the top domestic destinations during the first quarter were Delhi (1,115,145),
Mumbai (875,474) and Kolkata (473,089) while the top international destinations
were Dubai (209,425), Singapore (163,638) and Abu Dhabi (77,166).
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!