According to sources premium natural and biodegradable sanitary pad maker Carmesi has raised a Pre-Series A funding of $0.5 million in a round led by Samrath Bedi, Managing Director of Forest Essentials a luxury Ayurvedic beauty brand. Meanwhile the round also saw participation from other prominent investors including Satveer Thakral from the Thakral Group, Mahesh Patel, Rohit Reddy, and Samir Saran.
Furthermore Carmesi was co-founded by Tanvi Johri and Rikshav Borah in November 2017. Made of corn starch and bamboo fiber, the pads provide a completely natural and sustainable alternative to the chemically laced synthetic pads. Moreover it sells online and on e-commerce websites including Flipkart, Amazon, Nykaa, and Purplle. Carmesi will utilize the funds to further strengthen the brand’s marketing, expanding the product line to introduce more sustainable period care products, and establish a stronger and well-penetrated distribution strategy.
Samrath said “There is a gap in the market with
respect to addressing female hygiene with a safe yet environmentally conscientious
approach, and I think that this space has huge potential going forward. Further
not only should it be our endeavor to remove the taboo associated with a
women's menstrual cycle and health, but to also do it in a manner which is not
detrimental to the planet”.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million