According to sources incessant rains which began on Tuesday night yet again wreaked havoc in the state, throwing normal life out of gear in several districts. As per report heavy rains have caused the water levels in major dams to rise and the water level at Idukki dam has reached 2396.96 feet and red alert has been issued at Idamalayar dam. Meanwhile a ‘red alert’ is issued when the water rises to 2399 feet.
Moreover an alert has also been issued for the people living on shores of rivers, in the project area of the dam. Sources reported that a warning has also been issued to fishermen, telling them not to venture into the middle, southern, and western parts of the Arabian Sea for the next twenty four hours. Furthermore landslides have been reported from the hilly regions of the Northern districts and schools in Kozhikode’s Kodanchery Taluk have declared holidays due to soil erosion at Kakkadampoyilil in the region.
Further several low lying areas in the Wayanad
district have also been flooded. Moreover the government will bear the entire
expense to address rain related distress and hence a special project will be
prepared to compensate the loss in the school days for not to affect studies. CM
added “Water ambulances will be deployed more effectively and camps will be
conducted from August 16 to 31 at Taluk and Panchayat levels to get documents
like Adhar, ration cards and education certificates for those who lost them”.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai