According to sources incessant rains which began on Tuesday night yet again wreaked havoc in the state, throwing normal life out of gear in several districts. As per report heavy rains have caused the water levels in major dams to rise and the water level at Idukki dam has reached 2396.96 feet and red alert has been issued at Idamalayar dam. Meanwhile a ‘red alert’ is issued when the water rises to 2399 feet.
Moreover an alert has also been issued for the people living on shores of rivers, in the project area of the dam. Sources reported that a warning has also been issued to fishermen, telling them not to venture into the middle, southern, and western parts of the Arabian Sea for the next twenty four hours. Furthermore landslides have been reported from the hilly regions of the Northern districts and schools in Kozhikode’s Kodanchery Taluk have declared holidays due to soil erosion at Kakkadampoyilil in the region.
Further several low lying areas in the Wayanad
district have also been flooded. Moreover the government will bear the entire
expense to address rain related distress and hence a special project will be
prepared to compensate the loss in the school days for not to affect studies. CM
added “Water ambulances will be deployed more effectively and camps will be
conducted from August 16 to 31 at Taluk and Panchayat levels to get documents
like Adhar, ration cards and education certificates for those who lost them”.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers