Chess legend Vishwanathan Anand has expressed his condolences to Kalaignar M Karunanidhi. He had said that Karunanidhi was a great sports fan. DMK chief Karunanidhi had passed away on Tuesday evening by 6:10 pm at Kauvery hospital, and within minutes of announcement of the news of his sad demise, chess player Vishwanathan Anand had took it to twitter to express his emotions.
He had said that he was deeply saddened by the death of Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, and that he was a great leader. He added that he had got the opportunity to meet him many times in his life, and that he was the first to congratulate him when he had become the world champion, and he had gifted him chess set, and that it is an unforgettable moment in his life. Karunanidhi had always been an ardent sports fan and had encouraged sportspersons always, and I express my deepest condolences to the family of the legendary leader, who are missing him big time now, said Vishwanathan Anand.
In 2001, Vishwanathan Anand had
become world champion with his win in a tournament held at Iran's Teheran, and
Karunanidhi, the then chief minister of Tamilnadu had personally called to
Vishwanathan Anand to congratulate him, besides later felicitating him and
gifting him a flat on behalf of Tamilnadu government.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?