Chess legend Vishwanathan Anand has expressed his condolences to Kalaignar M Karunanidhi. He had said that Karunanidhi was a great sports fan. DMK chief Karunanidhi had passed away on Tuesday evening by 6:10 pm at Kauvery hospital, and within minutes of announcement of the news of his sad demise, chess player Vishwanathan Anand had took it to twitter to express his emotions.
He had said that he was deeply saddened by the death of Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, and that he was a great leader. He added that he had got the opportunity to meet him many times in his life, and that he was the first to congratulate him when he had become the world champion, and he had gifted him chess set, and that it is an unforgettable moment in his life. Karunanidhi had always been an ardent sports fan and had encouraged sportspersons always, and I express my deepest condolences to the family of the legendary leader, who are missing him big time now, said Vishwanathan Anand.
In 2001, Vishwanathan Anand had
become world champion with his win in a tournament held at Iran's Teheran, and
Karunanidhi, the then chief minister of Tamilnadu had personally called to
Vishwanathan Anand to congratulate him, besides later felicitating him and
gifting him a flat on behalf of Tamilnadu government.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open