Police have filed a case against Cook Pappammal as a lizard was found in the nutritious meal given in the government school in Thirumalaikavundanpalayam in Avinashi. Thirumalaikavundanpalayam in Avinashi district, houses a government school, and last month Pappammal, a Dalit lady belonging to the same locality had been appointed as the cook in the school. The other caste people of the locality had protested against the appointment of Pappammal as she's a Dalit and there was huge chaos in the school. After opposition from other caste people, the Avinashi development officer had transferred Pappammal from Thirumalaikavundanpalayam government school to another school.
However, after fight back by Periyar
Dravida Kazhagam and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party supporting Pappammal, she
was reappointed in the same school, and cases were filed against more than 90
people who opposed her. On August 7, Pappammal had cooked food and students who
ate the food had fainted and vomited, and it was later found that there was a
lizard in the food, following which the school principal Sasikala had made a
complaint against Pappammal in Avinashi police station.
The complaint filed has been with
the accusations l that Pappammal was careless when cooking and that has
impacted health of students, and later from Pappammal side it was informed that
there was no separate place for cooking, and she cooked in a shed with three
asbestos sheets and a wooden wall, and now investigations are on to find if the food
had been poisoned by the lizard. Now Dalit support organizations have been pressurizing
cops to investigate if the lizard had fell into food by itself, as there were
no previous instances of lizards present in the school cooking area.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India