Accordingly the freedom fighters of India played an extensive role in getting independence for the country. Meanwhile the 'Revolt of 1857' was the first war of independence of India and the revolt started as a mutiny by the sepoys of the East India Company. The Muslim and the Hindu sepoys together began this revolt and Rani Lakshmibai, Mangal Pandey, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Nana Sahib and Tatya Tope were some of the active leaders and freedom fighters who fought in the revolt.
Meanwhile Mangal Pandey is considered as the hero in the modern India because he had played a pivotal role in beginning the revolt against the British. Rani Lakshmibai is considered as the symbol of resistance to the British rule and was one of the leading figures of the rebels in 1857.
Earlier in 1876, another movement started against
the British rule. It was the foundation of the Indian National Congress (INC).
Surendranath Banerjee laid the foundation of the party. Bal Gangadhar Tilak,
Dadabhai Naoroji, Chittaranjan Das and Jawaharlal Nehru were active leaders of
the INC. It was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi who gave a push to the party and
raised the struggle for freedom in a non-violent way. His Non-Cooperation
Movement was a great success and a stepping stone for Indian freedom struggle.
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja