As per report Kerala's famed Nehru trophy boat race in Alappuzha has been postponed this year due to the heavy downpour and flooding in the state. Meanwhile sources from the Collectorate confirmed to TNM that the race, which was to be held on August 11th, Saturday, will be moved to a later date.
Recently the tourism department made the announcement factoring in the risks of conducting the race on the same day. Furthermore official authorities too stated that the decision was taken by the Chief Minister and that an executive meeting will be held following which an official announcement to postpone the race made to the public. Sources added the famed Nehru trophy boat race, which sees competing Chundan Vallams or snake boats, is held at the Punnamada Lake on the second Saturday of August every year and this is the 66th year of the Nehru trophy boat race.
Moreover this year, 78 boats were to contest in different categories in the race this time. Further around 25 chundan vallams (snake boats) were to participate in the 66th edition of the boat race. Presently an official announcement on the postponement of the boat race will be made on Thursday evening. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the press meet also added that new dates for the race will also be announced.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?