As per report Kerala's famed Nehru trophy boat race in Alappuzha has been postponed this year due to the heavy downpour and flooding in the state. Meanwhile sources from the Collectorate confirmed to TNM that the race, which was to be held on August 11th, Saturday, will be moved to a later date.
Recently the tourism department made the announcement factoring in the risks of conducting the race on the same day. Furthermore official authorities too stated that the decision was taken by the Chief Minister and that an executive meeting will be held following which an official announcement to postpone the race made to the public. Sources added the famed Nehru trophy boat race, which sees competing Chundan Vallams or snake boats, is held at the Punnamada Lake on the second Saturday of August every year and this is the 66th year of the Nehru trophy boat race.
Moreover this year, 78 boats were to contest in different categories in the race this time. Further around 25 chundan vallams (snake boats) were to participate in the 66th edition of the boat race. Presently an official announcement on the postponement of the boat race will be made on Thursday evening. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in the press meet also added that new dates for the race will also be announced.
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24