As per report yesterday, the world’s largest furniture retailer, IKEA, opened its flagship store in a sprawling 20 acre campus in the city's busiest locations, Hitech City. Meanwhile with a vision to provide world class furniture at affordable prices, the Swedish manufacturer chose Hyderabad to make its first footprint into India with its 4 lakh square foot outlet.
Presently IKEA offers trendy furniture and home accessories from kitchenware to dining products. Moreover IKEA Hyderabad will function with a workforce of 950 employees, the largest headcount among its stores world over. Furthermore the Indian furniture market will face a tough time with IKEA's entry, which is expected to trigger a price war.
Hence on the flip side, the Sweden based company
already faces a legal challenge in the form of a Public Interest Litigation
filed by Congress leader Revanth Reddy, who claims that the Telangana
government allotted the land, which was supposed to be offered to IT companies,
without inviting tenders. Further Revanth Reddy alleged that the government
suffered a huge loss of Rs 500 crore by giving the land away.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites