Hyderabad sources reported that a company spokesperson said on Friday that about 40,000 people visited IKEA's first India store on the opening day in Hyderabad. Accordingly the world's leading Swedish home furnishings retailer received a huge response from customers on Thursday. Meanwhile the spokesperson, however, declined to share the numbers relating to the business transacted on the first day, stating that the response was in line with the expectations.
Furthermore the store manager John Achillea had stated that they were expecting 40,000 to 45,000 people. Moreover with a huge crowd thronging the store in the evening, the IKEA staff found it a bit challenging to regulate the entry and further there were also few tense moments when some people broke queue to force their entry.
Further keeping in mind safety regulations and
compliance of norms, the store only accommodated 9,000 people at a time, which
resulted in long waiting lines. As per report IKEA had a capacity for more
1,200 cars. Accordingly the first India store of IKEA was opened with an
investment of Rs 1,000 crore, five years after the world's largest single brand
retailer received government approval in 2013 to invest Rs 10,500 crore to open
25 stores in India by 2025. Furthermore IKEA's next store will open in Navi
Mumbai in next summer, followed by Bengaluru and Delhi and in the next phase,
IKEA would cover Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata.
TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019 According to sources Nizamabad TRS MP and Founding President, Telangana Jagruthi NGO, Kalvakuntla Kavitha was recently selected for the Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019. Meanwhile as part of the Fame India-Asia Post magazine Adarsh division which conducts a survey called the Shresht Sansad Survey, she was selected for this prestigious award.
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!