Hyderabad sources reported that a company spokesperson said on Friday that about 40,000 people visited IKEA's first India store on the opening day in Hyderabad. Accordingly the world's leading Swedish home furnishings retailer received a huge response from customers on Thursday. Meanwhile the spokesperson, however, declined to share the numbers relating to the business transacted on the first day, stating that the response was in line with the expectations.
Furthermore the store manager John Achillea had stated that they were expecting 40,000 to 45,000 people. Moreover with a huge crowd thronging the store in the evening, the IKEA staff found it a bit challenging to regulate the entry and further there were also few tense moments when some people broke queue to force their entry.
Further keeping in mind safety regulations and
compliance of norms, the store only accommodated 9,000 people at a time, which
resulted in long waiting lines. As per report IKEA had a capacity for more
1,200 cars. Accordingly the first India store of IKEA was opened with an
investment of Rs 1,000 crore, five years after the world's largest single brand
retailer received government approval in 2013 to invest Rs 10,500 crore to open
25 stores in India by 2025. Furthermore IKEA's next store will open in Navi
Mumbai in next summer, followed by Bengaluru and Delhi and in the next phase,
IKEA would cover Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers