As large quantities of water has been released from Cauvery, people residing close to the banks of Cauvery have been given alerts as the government has issued a flood warning. Mettur dam has been filling fast currently, and now the water level is at 116.85 feet. It is expected that the water level will rise further more.
Currently, 80000 cubic feet excess water has been released from kabini and 60000 cubic feet excess water has been released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam. In all, a total of 1.40 lakhs cubic feet water has been released into Cauvery now. Due to this, there's a Flood situation in areas around Cauvery River, and it's been already flooding in Cauvery catchment areas.
Due to heavy rain falls in
Karnataka's Cauvery catchment areas, the flooding has been prevalent. Following
this huge rainfall and excessive water flow, the Tamilnadu government has
issued a flood alert warning to Cauvery banks and to delta areas.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu