As large quantities of water has been released from Cauvery, people residing close to the banks of Cauvery have been given alerts as the government has issued a flood warning. Mettur dam has been filling fast currently, and now the water level is at 116.85 feet. It is expected that the water level will rise further more.
Currently, 80000 cubic feet excess water has been released from kabini and 60000 cubic feet excess water has been released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam. In all, a total of 1.40 lakhs cubic feet water has been released into Cauvery now. Due to this, there's a Flood situation in areas around Cauvery River, and it's been already flooding in Cauvery catchment areas.
Due to heavy rain falls in
Karnataka's Cauvery catchment areas, the flooding has been prevalent. Following
this huge rainfall and excessive water flow, the Tamilnadu government has
issued a flood alert warning to Cauvery banks and to delta areas.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018