Accordingly after a brief lull, heavy rain lashed parts of Hyderabad city on Thursday, resulting in water logging and traffic jams. As per report, Attapur, Gachibowli, Hitec city, Madhapur, Punjagutta and some parts of Secunderabad witnessed showers, with the average rainfall being recorded at 4.7 mm up to 7:30 pm. Meanwhile in areas like Hitex, commuters faced a tough time heading back home, as there was ankle deep water logging on the road.
Moreover the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) said that it immediately its monsoon emergency squads. Furthermore, the rains brought down the temperature in the city. Many users also took to social media and the Hyderabad office of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) had said that Telangana would continue to receive light to moderate rain or thundershowers.
out that most of the roads in the city were being damaged due to rainfall,
Hyderabad Mayor Dr B Rammohan directed the Engineering Wing of the GHMC to take
up the works pertaining to potholes immediately by deploying additional labor
and teams wherever necessary. Further the Mayor stated that though re-carpeting
of roads had been taken up before the monsoon, the roads were getting damaged
due to continuous rains, which has inconvenienced a lot of citizens.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites