Accordingly after a brief lull, heavy rain lashed parts of Hyderabad city on Thursday, resulting in water logging and traffic jams. As per report, Attapur, Gachibowli, Hitec city, Madhapur, Punjagutta and some parts of Secunderabad witnessed showers, with the average rainfall being recorded at 4.7 mm up to 7:30 pm. Meanwhile in areas like Hitex, commuters faced a tough time heading back home, as there was ankle deep water logging on the road.
Moreover the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) said that it immediately its monsoon emergency squads. Furthermore, the rains brought down the temperature in the city. Many users also took to social media and the Hyderabad office of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) had said that Telangana would continue to receive light to moderate rain or thundershowers.
out that most of the roads in the city were being damaged due to rainfall,
Hyderabad Mayor Dr B Rammohan directed the Engineering Wing of the GHMC to take
up the works pertaining to potholes immediately by deploying additional labor
and teams wherever necessary. Further the Mayor stated that though re-carpeting
of roads had been taken up before the monsoon, the roads were getting damaged
due to continuous rains, which has inconvenienced a lot of citizens.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!