As per latest report India has the potential to generate e-commerce value of over $50 billion by driving awareness, usage and transactions among the current and next set of Internet users and shoppers. Meanwhile more than 500 million Indians will constitute the next wave of online consumers, according to a report jointly released by Bain & Company, Google and investment firm Omidyar Network.
Presently with an online buyer spending on an average $224 per year, e-commerce retail shopping in India is 10% of what Chinese spend, according to the report. Reports added that only 40% of India's 390 million Internet users transact online, said the report titled and it added "Unlocking Digital for Bharat: $50 Billion Opportunity". India on an average adds 40 million new Internet users per year to online transactions.
Arpan Sheth, Partner,
Bain & Company and one of the authors of the report said in a statement "While
online spends are still low given lower per capita incomes, there is huge
potential to unlock value by addressing user concerns at various stages of the
digital curve; however, the path won't be easy for businesses and they will
have to innovate and be patient to monetize this user base and generate value".
Furthermore of the 390 million Internet users, 80% are from affluent
socioeconomic segments and penetration among lower income segments is only
13%, the findings showed.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment