New Delhi sources reported that one of the biggest names in Indian cinema with appearances in more than 200 films, Kamal Hassan, whose latest movie releases today, enjoys causing a stir as an actor and now he is looking to shake up politics as well. Meanwhile the 63 year old, who has endured battles with censorship, recently formed his own political party and plans to fight for artistic freedoms that he says are being curbed.
Furthermore after declaring his political ideology as that of a "politi-culturalist", Mr. Hassan spoke to leading news channel about his political appeal, his "pan-national" approach and his view on Prime Minister Narendra Modi as India heads towards 2019 national elections. Moreover the multiple awards winning screen icon, who made his debut aged six over half a century ago, is the latest in a long line of actors from the South hoping to transform their popularity at the box office into votes at the ballot box.
Moreover Mr. Hassan
said, "Progress is what he wants to offer for his state and progress is
what has been impeded by self-serving politicians." He added on whether he
was open to alliances especially with those who have criticized him in the past,
and it is very important that we go towards a new era. Due diligence will have
to be done by the people." He told "He don't think Dravidian rights
can be held with just three or four parties and truly believes that Dravidian
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites