Chennai sources stated that the overall value of the IPL ecosystem grew 18.8 per cent to USD 6.3 billion from USD 5.3 billion in 2017, mostly due to the surge in the broadcasting rights fee. Meanwhile the Mumbai Indians, with a brand value of USD 113 million, continues to top the charts for the third season in a row.
Accordingly Star India, the new broadcasting partner for the Indian Premier League (IPL), increased the broadcast rights fee by 18.9%. Furthermore under Star, content delivery expanded to its various regional channels with commentary in eight different languages and hence this resulted in increased viewership of IPL matches, according to the IPL Brand Valuation Report 2018 prepared by Duff & Phelps, a global valuation and corporate finance adviser.
Varun Gupta, MD, Duff & Phelps and Asia Pacific
leader for valuation advisory services said “Star India’s broadcasting rights
deal was a game changer that put IPL on par with some of the biggest sporting
leagues in the world (on a fee per match basis) and the change in content
consumption, influx of over the top (OTT) and digital viewing platforms and
increased support from advertisers, broadcasters and sponsors have given the
IPL greater significance in terms of brand value”. Further the 11th season of
the cash rich league in 2018 also witnessed the importance of OTT sports
viewership, which has become an established and fast growing market.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment