Chennai sources stated that the overall value of the IPL ecosystem grew 18.8 per cent to USD 6.3 billion from USD 5.3 billion in 2017, mostly due to the surge in the broadcasting rights fee. Meanwhile the Mumbai Indians, with a brand value of USD 113 million, continues to top the charts for the third season in a row.
Accordingly Star India, the new broadcasting partner for the Indian Premier League (IPL), increased the broadcast rights fee by 18.9%. Furthermore under Star, content delivery expanded to its various regional channels with commentary in eight different languages and hence this resulted in increased viewership of IPL matches, according to the IPL Brand Valuation Report 2018 prepared by Duff & Phelps, a global valuation and corporate finance adviser.
Varun Gupta, MD, Duff & Phelps and Asia Pacific
leader for valuation advisory services said “Star India’s broadcasting rights
deal was a game changer that put IPL on par with some of the biggest sporting
leagues in the world (on a fee per match basis) and the change in content
consumption, influx of over the top (OTT) and digital viewing platforms and
increased support from advertisers, broadcasters and sponsors have given the
IPL greater significance in terms of brand value”. Further the 11th season of
the cash rich league in 2018 also witnessed the importance of OTT sports
viewership, which has become an established and fast growing market.
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver