Accordingly as the Walmart-Flipkart deal received a nod from the Competition Commission of India, the government of India will gain a windfall tax collection of $2 billion or Rs 13,000 crore, and according to a report it may be recalled that much before the deal was officially announced by both the parties, the Indian Income Tax authorities wrote a soft communication to both of them raising the issue, explaining that there will be tax implications in the deal and that if either Walmart or Flipkart.
Meanwhile Walmart took its time to respond to this letter but it eventually did, confirming that it believes in complete compliance with local regulations in all the countries that it operates in and that it will abide by the Indian laws as well. Presently it is learnt that Walmart will now issue cheques to the different stake holders after retaining the tax component and issue the certificates to them after remitting it to the government.
Moreover the sellers like SoftBank have also
reconciled to receiving the net amount from Walmart after tax deductions. Furthermore
it its case the liability could be in the region of $600 million and SoftBank
alone would gain around 60% on the amounts it had invested in Flipkart.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!