Accordingly as the Walmart-Flipkart deal received a nod from the Competition Commission of India, the government of India will gain a windfall tax collection of $2 billion or Rs 13,000 crore, and according to a report it may be recalled that much before the deal was officially announced by both the parties, the Indian Income Tax authorities wrote a soft communication to both of them raising the issue, explaining that there will be tax implications in the deal and that if either Walmart or Flipkart.
Meanwhile Walmart took its time to respond to this letter but it eventually did, confirming that it believes in complete compliance with local regulations in all the countries that it operates in and that it will abide by the Indian laws as well. Presently it is learnt that Walmart will now issue cheques to the different stake holders after retaining the tax component and issue the certificates to them after remitting it to the government.
Moreover the sellers like SoftBank have also
reconciled to receiving the net amount from Walmart after tax deductions. Furthermore
it its case the liability could be in the region of $600 million and SoftBank
alone would gain around 60% on the amounts it had invested in Flipkart.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai