Meanwhile on Sunday, DMK party president MK Stalin announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore on behalf of the party towards the Kerala Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund, while the Lulu Group in Kerala said it will contribute Rs 5 crore. Accordingly an official release issued by the DMK stated that following the incessant rains and subsequent flooding in Kerala, many people have been impacted and properties worth crores have been affected.
Furthermore in view of the same, on behalf of the DMK, the party’s working president MK Stalin would donate Rs 1 crore for the relief fund. Moreover when announcing the contribution of Rs 5 crore towards the flood relief efforts, the Lulu Group Chairman and Managing Director MA Yussuf Ali said, “This is one the worst times for Kerala and my heart goes out to the people who’s suffering are beyond imagination and just prayed and hope that we all come together at these testing times, to save lives of millions of our brothers and sisters.”
Earlier on Saturday, actors Suriya and Karthi had announced that they would be contributing Rs 25 lakh towards the Kerala flood relief fund. Tamilnadu actor politician Kamal Hassan too contributed Rs 25 lakh towards the flood relief efforts. Recently Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took to his official Facebook page to state “Kamal Hassan has understood the unprecedented situation in Kerala due to the floods and has given Rs 25 lakh to the relief fund. Vijay TV has also contributed Rs 25 lakh.” Further it has also been reported that the Nadigar Sangam has donated Rs 5 lakh to the Kerala Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan