Meanwhile on Sunday, DMK party president MK Stalin announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore on behalf of the party towards the Kerala Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund, while the Lulu Group in Kerala said it will contribute Rs 5 crore. Accordingly an official release issued by the DMK stated that following the incessant rains and subsequent flooding in Kerala, many people have been impacted and properties worth crores have been affected.
Furthermore in view of the same, on behalf of the DMK, the party’s working president MK Stalin would donate Rs 1 crore for the relief fund. Moreover when announcing the contribution of Rs 5 crore towards the flood relief efforts, the Lulu Group Chairman and Managing Director MA Yussuf Ali said, “This is one the worst times for Kerala and my heart goes out to the people who’s suffering are beyond imagination and just prayed and hope that we all come together at these testing times, to save lives of millions of our brothers and sisters.”
Earlier on Saturday, actors Suriya and Karthi had announced that they would be contributing Rs 25 lakh towards the Kerala flood relief fund. Tamilnadu actor politician Kamal Hassan too contributed Rs 25 lakh towards the flood relief efforts. Recently Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took to his official Facebook page to state “Kamal Hassan has understood the unprecedented situation in Kerala due to the floods and has given Rs 25 lakh to the relief fund. Vijay TV has also contributed Rs 25 lakh.” Further it has also been reported that the Nadigar Sangam has donated Rs 5 lakh to the Kerala Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund.
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24