Meanwhile on Sunday, DMK party president MK Stalin announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore on behalf of the party towards the Kerala Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund, while the Lulu Group in Kerala said it will contribute Rs 5 crore. Accordingly an official release issued by the DMK stated that following the incessant rains and subsequent flooding in Kerala, many people have been impacted and properties worth crores have been affected.
Furthermore in view of the same, on behalf of the DMK, the party’s working president MK Stalin would donate Rs 1 crore for the relief fund. Moreover when announcing the contribution of Rs 5 crore towards the flood relief efforts, the Lulu Group Chairman and Managing Director MA Yussuf Ali said, “This is one the worst times for Kerala and my heart goes out to the people who’s suffering are beyond imagination and just prayed and hope that we all come together at these testing times, to save lives of millions of our brothers and sisters.”
Earlier on Saturday, actors Suriya and Karthi had announced that they would be contributing Rs 25 lakh towards the Kerala flood relief fund. Tamilnadu actor politician Kamal Hassan too contributed Rs 25 lakh towards the flood relief efforts. Recently Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took to his official Facebook page to state “Kamal Hassan has understood the unprecedented situation in Kerala due to the floods and has given Rs 25 lakh to the relief fund. Vijay TV has also contributed Rs 25 lakh.” Further it has also been reported that the Nadigar Sangam has donated Rs 5 lakh to the Kerala Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam