In a major shocker for Chennai movie buffs, the iconic SPI Cinemas chain of theaters originally called as Sathyam, have been acquired by the multiplex giant PVR cinemas. As per the press release of PVR, Kiran Reddy, and Swaroop Reddy, the founders of SPI Cinemas will be associated with the business with their strategic guidance in the integration of SPI business with PVR.
As per the deal achieved between SPI and PVR, the latter will be acquiring 222,711 equity shares of SPI cinemas, which totals to 71.7% of equity share capital of SPI from its current shareholders, for a whopping 633 crores, and will be issuing 1.6 million equity shares of PVR which is about 3.3% of their equity share capital, in this amalgamation of SPI and PVR. The total value of the deal is estimated at around 850 crores.
It has been speculated that the Reddys were forced to take this decision after they were finding it extremely tough to handle the businesses in Chennai. As said by Ajay Bijli, the Chairman and Managing director of PVR, this acquisition of SPI will be a major breakthrough and will establish them as the market leader, and this will be a major step in their target of 1000 screens owned by them by 2020. It must be noted that after huge anticipation by Chennai residents, the multiplex Luxe was sold to Jazz Cinemas, and now, the rest of SPI has been sold to PVR, heavily upsetting movie buffs of Chennai.
Will Congress give Special Status to AP? Accordingly Congress President Rahul Gandhi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was disrespecting the people of Andhra Pradesh by breaking all promises made to the state during bifurcation in 2014. Meanwhile Gandhi promised that immediately after coming to power, the Congress would accord special category status to the state as per the commitment made by the Government of India in the Andhra Pradesh
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon