In a major shocker for Chennai movie buffs, the iconic SPI Cinemas chain of theaters originally called as Sathyam, have been acquired by the multiplex giant PVR cinemas. As per the press release of PVR, Kiran Reddy, and Swaroop Reddy, the founders of SPI Cinemas will be associated with the business with their strategic guidance in the integration of SPI business with PVR.
As per the deal achieved between SPI and PVR, the latter will be acquiring 222,711 equity shares of SPI cinemas, which totals to 71.7% of equity share capital of SPI from its current shareholders, for a whopping 633 crores, and will be issuing 1.6 million equity shares of PVR which is about 3.3% of their equity share capital, in this amalgamation of SPI and PVR. The total value of the deal is estimated at around 850 crores.
It has been speculated that the Reddys were forced to take this decision after they were finding it extremely tough to handle the businesses in Chennai. As said by Ajay Bijli, the Chairman and Managing director of PVR, this acquisition of SPI will be a major breakthrough and will establish them as the market leader, and this will be a major step in their target of 1000 screens owned by them by 2020. It must be noted that after huge anticipation by Chennai residents, the multiplex Luxe was sold to Jazz Cinemas, and now, the rest of SPI has been sold to PVR, heavily upsetting movie buffs of Chennai.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!