Kerala has been facing the havoc of heavy rains over the past few days, and in a considerable improvement, the flood situation was slightly reduced, as the water level of the Idukki reservoir reduced from 2400.6 feet to 2398.6 feet in a fall in the level for the second straight day.
Despite this, the rains were continuing to be heavy and troublesome for the people, especially in the catchment areas of Idukki reservoir. An average rainfall of 20.86 mm has been witnessed by areas around Idukki in past 24 hours alone. Recently, a Wayanad based 58-year-old lady was declared dead in a house collapse, and with this, the death toll due the Kerala floods increased to 38, with 6 people yet to be found.
Wayanad was badly affected by rains yesterday, as the Wayanad collector, Ajayakumar announced holiday for Schools, colleges, today. After the water levels crossed the danger mark. the shutters of the Pothundy dam, and warnings to open shutters of Chullyar, Menaka and Walayar reservoirs were issued, and the Mullaperiyar dam water level has also increased to 132.5 feet.
As per the estimates, losses are approximated at 8315 crores. as per the memorandum submitted by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to the center, and the memorandum has also requested a release of 1220 crores from National Disaster relief fund for offering immediate relief to Kerala.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day