Kerala has been facing the havoc of heavy rains over the past few days, and in a considerable improvement, the flood situation was slightly reduced, as the water level of the Idukki reservoir reduced from 2400.6 feet to 2398.6 feet in a fall in the level for the second straight day.
Despite this, the rains were continuing to be heavy and troublesome for the people, especially in the catchment areas of Idukki reservoir. An average rainfall of 20.86 mm has been witnessed by areas around Idukki in past 24 hours alone. Recently, a Wayanad based 58-year-old lady was declared dead in a house collapse, and with this, the death toll due the Kerala floods increased to 38, with 6 people yet to be found.
Wayanad was badly affected by rains yesterday, as the Wayanad collector, Ajayakumar announced holiday for Schools, colleges, today. After the water levels crossed the danger mark. the shutters of the Pothundy dam, and warnings to open shutters of Chullyar, Menaka and Walayar reservoirs were issued, and the Mullaperiyar dam water level has also increased to 132.5 feet.
As per the estimates, losses are approximated at 8315 crores. as per the memorandum submitted by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to the center, and the memorandum has also requested a release of 1220 crores from National Disaster relief fund for offering immediate relief to Kerala.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers