India is soon about to witness the introduction of Tamil language domain names. People of Tamilnadu are one of the most prominent users of internet in the world. The percentage of Tamils using internet in Tamil language and looking for Tamil content has also been constantly increasing.
Most of the other language websites are offering Tamil translated versions of their web pages as well, and hence emphasis is made on focusing on Tamil language now. While Google search is always enabled to search text or data in any language and Google displays results, the domain name or website name typed as URL had been always typed only in English.
For instance, one will
be required to type www.apherald.com,
and the same cannot be typed in Tamil. However with Google's new initiative,
the user can type the URL in Tamil itself and access the website. This step has
been taken by Google as a measure to facilitate and increase the Indian
internet user base, by introducing native language domain names.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!