As per report on Friday evening, the 5th shutter of the Cheruthoni dam in Idukki was opened. In minutes, the river water charged forward in full speed. Meanwhile on the Cheruthoni Bridge, a few metres away from the dam, a man was seen running holding a child close to his chest across the Cheruthoni Bridge as the water started flowing over it.
As per report this visual, captured by a cameraman from Idukki in Kerala has since gone viral. It was aired on Friday, the clip showed a rescue officer in a blue rain coat and umbrella running across the bridge which stood in the middle of an overflowing river. Moreover the officer risked his life to get the feverish child to the hospital on the other end of the bridge and further behind the officer were two other men running along with him in their collective attempts to save the child's life.
Furthermore on one side of the Cheruthoni bridge is
the town and hospital, and on the other side are a few houses and a mosque. Further
the brave officer has been identified as Kanhaiya Kumar, a National Disaster
Rescue Force personnel and a native of Bihar who was stationed in Idukki to
undertake relief and rescue operations. As per reports, it was merely minutes
after the 5th and final shutter of the dam had been opened that Kanhaiya Kumar
attempted the brave act.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day