According to sources it was in 1998, under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government that the compensation for the families of the martyrs was first revised after which it has been revised this year, after a gap of 18 years. Meanwhile the revision will be covered under the Seventh Pay Commission that would come into effect from January 1, 2017 and it will benefit the families of martyrs like Lance Naik Hanumanthappa K.
10 lakh to 25 lakh
Circular states, “For deaths occurring due to accidents in the course of performance of duties, the compensation has been increased from the existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.” The amount will be given to the kin of the soldier dying in any kind of accidents while performing their duties.
Compensation increased by Rs 20 lakh
Families of those soldiers killed during taking part in border encounters and action against militants and extremists, the compensation has been increased by Rs 20 lakh. According to official statement, “the families of soldiers who died in skirmishes in the recent incidents on the LoC would get Rs 35 lakh as compensation, which was earlier Rs 15 lakh.
Compensation in war engagements Rs 45 lakh
Compensation for deaths occurring during enemy action in war or war like engagements, in a war torn zone in foreign country, has been increased from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 45 lakh.
Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided According to sources Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami Friday made a strong pitch for a second term for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, lauding him for the air strikes on terror camps in Pakistan and saying he was the "only qualified" leader to ensure the nation's security. Meanwhile Modi was an "efficient and strong leader", he said launching his campaign for the April 18 Lok Sabha elections
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices
- TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts