According to sources it was in 1998, under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government that the compensation for the families of the martyrs was first revised after which it has been revised this year, after a gap of 18 years. Meanwhile the revision will be covered under the Seventh Pay Commission that would come into effect from January 1, 2017 and it will benefit the families of martyrs like Lance Naik Hanumanthappa K.
10 lakh to 25 lakh
Circular states, “For deaths occurring due to accidents in the course of performance of duties, the compensation has been increased from the existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.” The amount will be given to the kin of the soldier dying in any kind of accidents while performing their duties.
Compensation increased by Rs 20 lakh
Families of those soldiers killed during taking part in border encounters and action against militants and extremists, the compensation has been increased by Rs 20 lakh. According to official statement, “the families of soldiers who died in skirmishes in the recent incidents on the LoC would get Rs 35 lakh as compensation, which was earlier Rs 15 lakh.
Compensation in war engagements Rs 45 lakh
Compensation for deaths occurring during enemy action in war or war like engagements, in a war torn zone in foreign country, has been increased from Rs 20 lakh to Rs 45 lakh.
4 Transgender offered prayers in Sabarimala Temple According to sources after much commotion over their entry into Sabarimala temple on Sunday, the four transgender women Anannyah, Renjumol, Thripthi and Avanthika finally climbed the hill and offered prayers at the shrine on Tuesday. Meanwhile dressed like any other woman Ayyappa devotee, the four wore a black saree, carried the irumudikettu (bag of holy offerings) and climbed the hill amid police protection, headed by Manoj Abraham IG.
- Kamalnath begins tenure with a bang!
- Dinakaran visits Sasikala !
- Protests again in Thoothukudi!
- Clearance given for Madurai AIIMS!
- Ola announced an investment of $100 million in scooter sharing network Vogo
- Polypropylene Bags exempted for Plastic Ban in Tamilnadu
- Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak