New Delhi sources made a statement that when speaking on incidents of mob lynching, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the opposition should not politicize the issue and ensure that society remains integrated. Meanwhile in an interview, Prime Minister Modi said that, "His party and he had spoken in clear words, on multiple occasions against such actions (lynching) and such a mindset. Everyone should rise above politics to ensure peace and unity in our society."
Furthermore Prime Minister Modi termed the incidents of mob lynching as criminal and said that "it would be a great travesty to reduce these incidents to mere statistics and then indulge in politics over them. That shows a kind of perverse mindset that looks at violence and criminality as something to be milked, instead of united opposing".
Moreover as per data compiled by the Ministry of
Home Affairs, 45 persons were killed in 40 cases of mob lynching across nine
states between 2014 and March 3, 2018. Furthermore the Supreme Court on July 17
asked the Centre to enact a law to deal with incidents of lynching and take
action on mob violence.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan