According to sources Tamilnadu Revenue and Disaster Management Department Minister RB Udayakumar spoke to the media in Chennai and stated that people have been evacuated from the low lying areas of Salem, Erode, and Namakkal districts following flood alerts issued in parts of the state. Meanwhile as per report heavy rains in Karnataka have resulted in the filling of the Mettur reservoir to its maximum capacity of 120 feet and the influx of water into the dam is at 1.3 lakh cusecs.
Accordingly the minister stated that inter-department zonal disaster management teams have been called to monitor the situation as the water release from Mettur reservoir has reached 1.35 lakh cusecs. Meanwhile an advisory has been issued to villagers living along the Cauvery River to maintain a safe distance and to not go into the river for bathing, fishing or any other tasks.
Presently heavy rains are expected in the districts of Nilgiris,
Coimbatore, Theni, Dindigul and Tirunelveli on Monday and Tuesday, as per the
Met Department. Previously in Trichy, PWD officials have begun to release
excess water flowing in from the Mettur reservoir into the Kollidam River,
rendering it to a total of 71,000 cusecs from 18,000 as of Sunday evening and the
state government has also instructed local bodies to erect warning boards on
either side of low level bridges and causeways about the flood situation.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!