According to sources Tamilnadu Revenue and Disaster Management Department Minister RB Udayakumar spoke to the media in Chennai and stated that people have been evacuated from the low lying areas of Salem, Erode, and Namakkal districts following flood alerts issued in parts of the state. Meanwhile as per report heavy rains in Karnataka have resulted in the filling of the Mettur reservoir to its maximum capacity of 120 feet and the influx of water into the dam is at 1.3 lakh cusecs.
Accordingly the minister stated that inter-department zonal disaster management teams have been called to monitor the situation as the water release from Mettur reservoir has reached 1.35 lakh cusecs. Meanwhile an advisory has been issued to villagers living along the Cauvery River to maintain a safe distance and to not go into the river for bathing, fishing or any other tasks.
Presently heavy rains are expected in the districts of Nilgiris,
Coimbatore, Theni, Dindigul and Tirunelveli on Monday and Tuesday, as per the
Met Department. Previously in Trichy, PWD officials have begun to release
excess water flowing in from the Mettur reservoir into the Kollidam River,
rendering it to a total of 71,000 cusecs from 18,000 as of Sunday evening and the
state government has also instructed local bodies to erect warning boards on
either side of low level bridges and causeways about the flood situation.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam