It’s a known fact that India celebrates its independence day on August 15. But do we all know the history and significance behind the date? In 1600, in the name of trading tea, cotton, and silk, East India Company had penetrated into India. As they found Indians easy to divide and exploit, they started to expand, and slowly took over the ruling of the nation, and ultimately India went under the control of England.
After that, there were numerous battles, protests, and after years of peaceful and violent struggles and sacrifices by many Indians, the nation achieved its independence. India's Independence Day was selected by India's first governor general and last viceroy, Lord Mountbatten. In 1945 August 15, Japan had surrendered to allied forces, and in remembrance of the same, Mountbatten had chosen August 15 as the Independence Day of our country.
Though there were many who fought
for the independence and participated in the freedom struggle, the most
important among them happens to be Mahatma Gandhi, who had wanted to dissolve
Congress party after independence. However, his wish of dissolving the party
whose actual aim was to achieve freedom was never fulfilled, as the party still
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai