It’s a known fact that India celebrates its independence day on August 15. But do we all know the history and significance behind the date? In 1600, in the name of trading tea, cotton, and silk, East India Company had penetrated into India. As they found Indians easy to divide and exploit, they started to expand, and slowly took over the ruling of the nation, and ultimately India went under the control of England.
After that, there were numerous battles, protests, and after years of peaceful and violent struggles and sacrifices by many Indians, the nation achieved its independence. India's Independence Day was selected by India's first governor general and last viceroy, Lord Mountbatten. In 1945 August 15, Japan had surrendered to allied forces, and in remembrance of the same, Mountbatten had chosen August 15 as the Independence Day of our country.
Though there were many who fought
for the independence and participated in the freedom struggle, the most
important among them happens to be Mahatma Gandhi, who had wanted to dissolve
Congress party after independence. However, his wish of dissolving the party
whose actual aim was to achieve freedom was never fulfilled, as the party still
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018