Meanwhile Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi’s evolution from a lawyer, to becoming the face of India’s non-violent struggle for independence as the Mahatma has been written about at great length. In this journey of a man who is regarded as the father of the nation, an integral companion was his wife, Kasturba Gandhi.
Kasturba Gandhi’s name is often lost in the face of Gandhi’s leadership but she was his pillar of support, the first individual who was a part of him like none other. If he could convince her to give up her notions of caste and untouchability, he could convince others of the same. She was perhaps the only person who could disagree with him and point out to him his mistakes. She was his companion, his wife, his caretaker and later in life his representative too.
She was simple and gentle. And in her gentleness
one can see the strength that came through. Over the years she kept pace with
her husband and the different roles he was performing. She supported him in his
quest for social, economic and political equality for Indians in India and
before that in South Africa. Though she was a dedicated wife, she was far from submissive.
She could hold her own and did make herself heard even if it was Gandhi at
the receiving end.
Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport As per report officials at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) explained that passengers who opt for a web check-in will be able to drop their bags without waiting in long queues and head directly to the boarding gate. A source at the airport told “The passenger needs to go to these machines placed at the counters of the specific airline and place the check-in luggage on the conveyor belt near the counter.
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!