DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away last week, and following his death, the first general body meeting of the DMK party will be held today, presided by leader MK Stalin. The Meeting is set to happen amidst the cold war between Alagiri, Stalin, and Kanimozhi as Alagiri and Kanimozhi are competing for the same role in the party.
In this meeting which will begin at 11.30 am in Arivalayam more than 750 members including District secretaries, party members, general body members, MLAs, district members are expected to participate. The main agenda of the meeting is to offer condolences to kalaignar M Karunanidhi.
It is also expected that in the general body meeting, MK Stalin will be announced as the next president of DMK, and on the other end, huge chaos is expected as yesterday after visiting Karunanidhi memorial, Alagiri had said that he has the support of majority DMK members. It has been reported that he's contending for the role and of DMK secretary while Kanimozhi has also demanded the same. A decision on the next secretary of DMK party might also be selected in today's DMK general body meeting.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!