The Madurai bench of the Chennai high court has ordered the transfer of all the cases related to the Thoothukudi Sterlite shootout to CBI. After 15 PILs were filed in relation to the Thoothukudi shootout, Justice CT Selvam and Basheer after hearing the arguments, ordered the transfer of the cases filed by Thoothukudi police in connection to the 22 May 2018 protests against Sterlite to the CBI.
The bench also ordered the CBI to form a special team to look into all the aspects of the case and analyze it from all angles and reach the bottom of the truth and has given four months of time to submit its report. With regard to the shootout, the court has said that even though it was not premeditated, it has been clear that the police standing order 03 was not followed, and ordered the DGP of police to modify police standing orders in connection to firearms, so as to prevent similar issues in future.
It also directed the Home Secretary
of TN Government to bring the Temporary Suspension of telecom services rule
2017, as per the norms set by United Nations special reporter on right to
freedom of expression and opinion.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes