The Madurai bench of the Chennai high court has ordered the transfer of all the cases related to the Thoothukudi Sterlite shootout to CBI. After 15 PILs were filed in relation to the Thoothukudi shootout, Justice CT Selvam and Basheer after hearing the arguments, ordered the transfer of the cases filed by Thoothukudi police in connection to the 22 May 2018 protests against Sterlite to the CBI.
The bench also ordered the CBI to form a special team to look into all the aspects of the case and analyze it from all angles and reach the bottom of the truth and has given four months of time to submit its report. With regard to the shootout, the court has said that even though it was not premeditated, it has been clear that the police standing order 03 was not followed, and ordered the DGP of police to modify police standing orders in connection to firearms, so as to prevent similar issues in future.
It also directed the Home Secretary
of TN Government to bring the Temporary Suspension of telecom services rule
2017, as per the norms set by United Nations special reporter on right to
freedom of expression and opinion.
A guy has registered his Sex as 'Neutral' A Dutch citizen has registered his gender as 'Neutral' at the Roermond’s Limburg District Court. The Dutch citizen won the case after he registered the case as he wished to register neither as a male nor a female. Even though the judges urge the lawmakers to recognize him as 'Third gender' he was persistent to take over it as 'Neutral'.
- First Ever Dog Park been inaugurated in Kondapur
- Mark monitors how much we use FB
- India is the highest recipient of remittances
- US labeled the Chinese Warship's Actions unsafe
- Toll Gate Charges hiked!
- Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP?
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm