DMK Chief MK Stalin had expressed that he had held the hands of Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy and had begged him to allot his father Karunanidhi a place for his memorial near the Anna memorial in Marina. Following the sad demise of DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi last Tuesday at the Kauvery hospital, Chennai, the first general body meeting of DMK party was held yesterday at Arivalayam, and the meeting was presided over MK Stalin and was attended by almost all the important members of DMK, including people like J Anbazhagan, TR Balu, who said that Stalin must become the next chief of the party officially.
Following this, senior member Durai Murugan had spoken in a touching manner, on his relationship with Karunanidhi, and then Stalin gave a very saddening speech. He said that he could not imagine a general body meeting of DMk without Karunanidhi, and added that while the party has lost its leader, he has lost his father. Stalin said that Karunanidhi had expressed to him long back that he wanted his memorial near Anna, and following this, Durai Murugan had given a petition to CM.
Stalin added that he had decided to
lose anything to make this happen, and then met Edappadi Palanisamy at his
residence, and begged to hold his hands. Even after this act, as the government
was not paying heed to his request, he had to seek the legal help and was
finally able to fulfill Karunanidhi's last wish, and Stalin said that credits
must go to the senior lawyer Wilson who helped DMK win the case.
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?