DMK Chief MK Stalin had expressed that he had held the hands of Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy and had begged him to allot his father Karunanidhi a place for his memorial near the Anna memorial in Marina. Following the sad demise of DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi last Tuesday at the Kauvery hospital, Chennai, the first general body meeting of DMK party was held yesterday at Arivalayam, and the meeting was presided over MK Stalin and was attended by almost all the important members of DMK, including people like J Anbazhagan, TR Balu, who said that Stalin must become the next chief of the party officially.
Following this, senior member Durai Murugan had spoken in a touching manner, on his relationship with Karunanidhi, and then Stalin gave a very saddening speech. He said that he could not imagine a general body meeting of DMk without Karunanidhi, and added that while the party has lost its leader, he has lost his father. Stalin said that Karunanidhi had expressed to him long back that he wanted his memorial near Anna, and following this, Durai Murugan had given a petition to CM.
Stalin added that he had decided to
lose anything to make this happen, and then met Edappadi Palanisamy at his
residence, and begged to hold his hands. Even after this act, as the government
was not paying heed to his request, he had to seek the legal help and was
finally able to fulfill Karunanidhi's last wish, and Stalin said that credits
must go to the senior lawyer Wilson who helped DMK win the case.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day