Tamil actor Parthiban has revealed that a senior political party member had offered him 100 crores to join his party, but since he had no idea about politics, had refused the offer. Parthiban had been to a book fair in Erode, and during the event, he had given an interesting speech, on the topic Cinemayanam, and briefed on his journey into films. During the course of his speech, he said that a political party leader had offered him 100 crores to join the party.
Parthiban said that, he had faced many hardships before entering films, and that his father was a postman, with whose earnings he had lived. Parthiban said that he had a mother and a small mother (Chinnamma), and took a dig at the Chinnamma of politics as well. After watching the shooting of a Nagesh movie, he was inspired to join movies, he got to play a postman in a movie, and soon he became an assistant of director K Bhagyaraj, and then turned a director cum actor.
He then revealed that once a
politician had given him an offer of 100 crores to join his party but he had
refused the offer to join the party as he never knew the nuances of politics,
though he knows politics. Parthiban further added that there are no good
leaders now in Tamilnadu politics, and said that it will be difficult to find
leaders like Kamarajar and Kakkan again.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!