The Prime Minister Narendra Modi took it to Twitter to express his Independence day wishes early in the day. The Independence Day celebrations began in Delhi, as the Army contingent headed by Major Suraj Pal, Navy contingent lead by MYV Tejas and Airforce contingent lead by Praveen Narayan were prepared for Independence day activities.
By 7:17 am, the Prime minister offered his tribute to the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi, and arrived at the Red Fort. After inspecting the guard of honor at Red Fort, he reached the red fort to address the nation. Also present were Congress president Rahul Gandhi, Ghulam Nabi Azad, and Nitin Gadkari. Narendra Modi in his speech said the following : "The recent parliament session was devoted to social justice, and also passed the OBC commission creation bill.
Our nation is proudly celebrating Independence day as 6 women navy officers circumnavigated globe recently, youngsters hoisting our tricolor at Mt Everest, and on behalf of our nation, i bow down in respect of those who struggled for achieving freedom. Though many areas have received Monsoon, some areas have been flooded as well, and my thoughts and prayers are with them. With the dawn came new energy and expectations, and India will soon show the world the way to get over shackles.
As per Ambedkar's constitution which gives justice for all, we must ensure social justice for all in the nation, and make sure the nation progresses. With the huge requirements in both central and state government level, we are making constant and continuous efforts to meet them, and after demands for higher MSP for years, the decision on the same was taken by our government.
The business community is to be thanked for the success of GST, and we are on track for economic growth. We are powerful enough to tough decisions, and we have opened doors for forums that were earlier closed for us. We are proud of our scientists, and we hope to hoist the tricolor in space by 2022. With the plan that was on in 2013, it would have been many decades to achieve electrification of villages and construction of toilets. 3 lakhs children have been saved because of Swacch Bharat, and India is now the 6th largest economy."
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches