As per latest report the cause of this fall has been attributed to fears over a rise in global protectionist measures, along with a strong US economy. Accordingly this is the steepest fall for the Indian rupee since September 2013. Meanwhile the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Moreover the ongoing currency turmoil in Turkey has dampened investors' sentiments globally and presently investors are turning to the dollar as a safe haven with Turkey’s currency lira crisis continuing since the last week.
Furthermore yesterday around 11 am, the rupee plunged to Rs 70.08 to a US dollar. However, soon afterwards, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is said to have intervened in the open market to curb the rupee's free fall. Meanwhile the intervention aided the rupee stabilize just a tad below 70 to a USD at 69.98 around 11.05 a.m.
Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg told news agency told "There is nothing to
worry at this stage and the rupee is depreciating due to external factors which
may ease as we go forward”. Further the reports suggest heavy sell-off in
global currencies, including Turkish lira, fuelled demand for
safe-haven assets and caused the rupee to nosedive.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day