New Delhi sources stated that Chief Election Commission cited technical issues as the reason for not able to conduct the parallel polls. Chief election commissioner OP Rawat said "We don't have enough VVPATs to conduct simultaneous polls". Meanwhile it is estimated that 34 lakh ballot units, 26 lakh control units and 27 lakh VVPAT (voter-verifiable paper audit trail) machines would be needed, where the EC cannot place an order for additional machines without necessary legal framework.
Moreover this need required changes in the relevant laws, including amendments to the Constitution. Furthermore after the legal framework sanctions the simultaneous polls, the EC has to assess the additional requirement of EVMs and VVPAT units and present a budget to the government for procuring the additionally required machines and then have to place an order with the manufacturers.
Meanwhile with very little time for 2019 general
elections, the chances of simultaneous polls look bleak. Mainly for beginners,
Ballot and Control Units of the EVMs will be delivered by the two PSU
manufacturers Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) and Electronics Corporation of India
Ltd (ECIL). Already, the VVPAT delivery is said to be behind the schedule.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam