According to sources a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) inter-state bus plying between Karnataka and Kerala was stranded on a flooded road in Wayanad on Wednesday, due to the heavy rains. Meanwhile the bus that started service from Kozhikode to Bengaluru on Tuesday night, broke down in Sulthan Bathery, after which, the passengers were put on another bus and the journey resumed later.
Currently KSRTC has cancelled all bus services from Bengaluru to three districts of Kerala, mainly Kannur, Kozhikode and Kasargod and however, a few morning buses from Bengaluru to Kerala have already started. Furthermore as per report Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has also cancelled its premium services between Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
The official said the buses that started from parts of Kerala to Bengaluru
last night are yet to reach its destination because of the heavy rains and
flood. Moreover at least nine buses are stuck in transit in several places,
including Thamarassery and Kuttiadi. Hence holiday has been declared on August
16 for all educational institutions, including professional colleges in
Thrissur, Ernakulam, Pathanamthitta and Kottayam districts.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy