According to sources a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) inter-state bus plying between Karnataka and Kerala was stranded on a flooded road in Wayanad on Wednesday, due to the heavy rains. Meanwhile the bus that started service from Kozhikode to Bengaluru on Tuesday night, broke down in Sulthan Bathery, after which, the passengers were put on another bus and the journey resumed later.
Currently KSRTC has cancelled all bus services from Bengaluru to three districts of Kerala, mainly Kannur, Kozhikode and Kasargod and however, a few morning buses from Bengaluru to Kerala have already started. Furthermore as per report Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has also cancelled its premium services between Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
The official said the buses that started from parts of Kerala to Bengaluru
last night are yet to reach its destination because of the heavy rains and
flood. Moreover at least nine buses are stuck in transit in several places,
including Thamarassery and Kuttiadi. Hence holiday has been declared on August
16 for all educational institutions, including professional colleges in
Thrissur, Ernakulam, Pathanamthitta and Kottayam districts.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu