Accordingly visuals of floods in and around the Techno park area in Kazhakoottam, Thiruvananthapuram, have been doing the rounds since Wednesday morning. Techno park CEO, Hrishikesh Nair confirmed by saying “Yes, there have been floods, but the water level is declining now”. He also added, many companies are not functioning today, since it is a closed holiday on account of Independence Day.
Meanwhile the water from the Thettiyar canal within the campus has risen and flowed into the campus, says Abhilash, administrative head of Technopark, which is known as the greenest IT park in the country. Moreover Sajad of the Kazhakuttam police station says, “There is no risk to the employees on the campus and no companies need to be evicted. It is only the service road in Phase 3 that has been affected.” Presently the situation is under control as of now, and the water now should recede, nothing else can be done”.
Furthermore a study conducted by the Thiruvananthapuram Municipal
Corporation in 2012 says that the Thettiyar thodu (canal) running in the
premises of Technopark, Kazhakuttam, is being silted up. The study had said "Protection
of Tettiyar thodu will prevent flooding and water logging in the surroundings
of the Technopark area”. Moreover Prathidwani, a socio-cultural
organization formed by Technopark employees, had begun a campaign to clean up
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam