New Delhi sources reported that on India's 72nd Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the long awaited manned space mission by India, for which space agency ISRO has been prepping. Meanwhile by 2022 PM Modi said "a son or daughter of India will go to space with a tricolor in hand" and the other big announcement was the roll out of the world's largest government funded healthcare program the Ayushman Bharat, which would benefit 50 crore people.
Furthermore he also spoke of Kashmir, saying the way forward was the one indicated by Atal Bihari Vajpayee Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat, Kashmiriyat. He said "We want to go ahead on that road and not bullets and abuse; we want to embrace the patriotic people of Kashmir". He said "Today when any Indian goes anywhere, all countries of the world welcome them and the power of the Indian passport has increased".
Moreover he also promised that the law against
triple talaq will materialize and the removal of AFSPA from large parts of the
northeast. He added "Our forces have ushered in a new era of internal security”.
Further for his Independence Day speech, PM Narendra Modi had asked for ideas
from people, a practice he has followed for the past three years. Moreover some
of the suggestions received on the MyGov.in website included on rape, open
defecation, reservation system and education.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day