Sources from Chennai added that the ruling AIADMK on Tuesday hit out at top actor Rajinikanth for slamming Chief Minister K Palanisamy over his absence from DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi's funeral and claimed he used a condolence meeting to try to graduate from a "part-time politician" to "full-time" one. Meanwhile the senior AIADMK leader D Jayakumar said he represented the government on the chief minister's direction at the funeral of the departed DMK leader on August 8.
Moreover he said Rajinikanth should not have spoken about politics at the condolence meeting. Furthermore he told reporters “By speaking politics, it is evident that dear friend Rajinikanth lacks political maturity". Further Jayakumar, the state fisheries minister, said charismatic yesteryear actor M G Ramachandran had floated the AIADMK "only against the late DMK chief" Karunanidhi.
Meanwhile when speaking at the condolence meeting
organized by the South Indian Artistes Association for Karunanidhi on Monday,
Rajinikanth had said many leaders were present during Karunanidhi's funeral at
the Marina. "For his funeral, the whole of India came. The governor, many chief ministers and Congress president
Rahul Gandhi had come. Tamilnadu's first citizen, the chief minister, shouldn't
he have come?” moreover hitting out at Rajinikanth for his remarks, Jayakumar
said he used the occasion for his own benefit. "He has used this to try to
graduate from a part-time politician to a full-time one.”
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?