Sources from Chennai added that the ruling AIADMK on Tuesday hit out at top actor Rajinikanth for slamming Chief Minister K Palanisamy over his absence from DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi's funeral and claimed he used a condolence meeting to try to graduate from a "part-time politician" to "full-time" one. Meanwhile the senior AIADMK leader D Jayakumar said he represented the government on the chief minister's direction at the funeral of the departed DMK leader on August 8.
Moreover he said Rajinikanth should not have spoken about politics at the condolence meeting. Furthermore he told reporters “By speaking politics, it is evident that dear friend Rajinikanth lacks political maturity". Further Jayakumar, the state fisheries minister, said charismatic yesteryear actor M G Ramachandran had floated the AIADMK "only against the late DMK chief" Karunanidhi.
Meanwhile when speaking at the condolence meeting
organized by the South Indian Artistes Association for Karunanidhi on Monday,
Rajinikanth had said many leaders were present during Karunanidhi's funeral at
the Marina. "For his funeral, the whole of India came. The governor, many chief ministers and Congress president
Rahul Gandhi had come. Tamilnadu's first citizen, the chief minister, shouldn't
he have come?” moreover hitting out at Rajinikanth for his remarks, Jayakumar
said he used the occasion for his own benefit. "He has used this to try to
graduate from a part-time politician to a full-time one.”
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code