Sources from Chennai added that the ruling AIADMK on Tuesday hit out at top actor Rajinikanth for slamming Chief Minister K Palanisamy over his absence from DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi's funeral and claimed he used a condolence meeting to try to graduate from a "part-time politician" to "full-time" one. Meanwhile the senior AIADMK leader D Jayakumar said he represented the government on the chief minister's direction at the funeral of the departed DMK leader on August 8.
Moreover he said Rajinikanth should not have spoken about politics at the condolence meeting. Furthermore he told reporters “By speaking politics, it is evident that dear friend Rajinikanth lacks political maturity". Further Jayakumar, the state fisheries minister, said charismatic yesteryear actor M G Ramachandran had floated the AIADMK "only against the late DMK chief" Karunanidhi.
Meanwhile when speaking at the condolence meeting
organized by the South Indian Artistes Association for Karunanidhi on Monday,
Rajinikanth had said many leaders were present during Karunanidhi's funeral at
the Marina. "For his funeral, the whole of India came. The governor, many chief ministers and Congress president
Rahul Gandhi had come. Tamilnadu's first citizen, the chief minister, shouldn't
he have come?” moreover hitting out at Rajinikanth for his remarks, Jayakumar
said he used the occasion for his own benefit. "He has used this to try to
graduate from a part-time politician to a full-time one.”
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open