As per report Parts of Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya were left inundated on Wednesday after water was released from the Krishnarajasagara reservoir. Accordingly the bird sanctuary, located on the banks of the Cauvery River, is home to as many as 60,000 migratory birds. Meanwhile an official at the sanctuary said many islands in the sanctuary have been submerged and we have decided to close down operations.
Furthermore boat rides too have been stopped since August 9 as a precaution. Moreover a flood alert was issued for areas along the banks of the River Cauvery after heavy rains forced the Karnataka government to release water from the Kabini and KRS reservoirs. Hence in total, over 1,20,000 cusecs of water was released from the two reservoirs.
Moreover at 6 am on
Wednesday morning, the Central Water Commission said that the water levels
of the Cauvery in Mysuru district were flowing above high flood level (HFL). As
per report at Chunchunkatte, the water level was recorded at 757.95ft while the
HFL is at 757.45ft, while in T Narsipur the water level was 640.64ft while the
HFL is 642.40. Moreover this caused a ripple effect in the downstream, low lying
areas of the reservoir, flooding several fields along the river as well as the
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO! As per report a man in Andhra Pradesh who found himself under a moving train had a miraculous escape on Saturday at Anantapur railway station. Meanwhile a video of the man lying down on the railway tracks while the train was seen moving over him has gone viral on social media.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45