As per report Parts of Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya were left inundated on Wednesday after water was released from the Krishnarajasagara reservoir. Accordingly the bird sanctuary, located on the banks of the Cauvery River, is home to as many as 60,000 migratory birds. Meanwhile an official at the sanctuary said many islands in the sanctuary have been submerged and we have decided to close down operations.
Furthermore boat rides too have been stopped since August 9 as a precaution. Moreover a flood alert was issued for areas along the banks of the River Cauvery after heavy rains forced the Karnataka government to release water from the Kabini and KRS reservoirs. Hence in total, over 1,20,000 cusecs of water was released from the two reservoirs.
Moreover at 6 am on
Wednesday morning, the Central Water Commission said that the water levels
of the Cauvery in Mysuru district were flowing above high flood level (HFL). As
per report at Chunchunkatte, the water level was recorded at 757.95ft while the
HFL is at 757.45ft, while in T Narsipur the water level was 640.64ft while the
HFL is 642.40. Moreover this caused a ripple effect in the downstream, low lying
areas of the reservoir, flooding several fields along the river as well as the
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!