The rains went heavy, and the floods have worsened in Kerala, as flight services have been cancelled till Saturday in the Cochin international airport, and the death toll rose to 67, as rains claimed the lives of 25 yesterday alone, 14 districts of Kerala have been issued a red alert, and from Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram, the shutters of 35 dams have been opened.
Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced the death toll rising to 67, with 11 deaths from Malappuram alone, and he also said that the rains are getting higher in the coming days, and 1,5 lakhs people are moved to relief centers across Kerala. Vijayan also informed that he had discussed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to seek help and relief measures with immediate effect.
Holidays have been declared for schools and other educational institutions, and the power services, communication have been totally disrupted, and the state has demanded more National disaster response force and army personnel, as the CM met governor Sathasivam and briefed him on the situation.
Tourist centers like Athirapalli, Munnar have been closed, and flight services have been canceled as well. The train services were also affected, and there were landslides in several places, delaying the trains. Kerala has now sought lifeboats from Tamilnadu, and with water scarcity, the CM has urged people to consume water minimally.
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?