The rains went heavy, and the floods have worsened in Kerala, as flight services have been cancelled till Saturday in the Cochin international airport, and the death toll rose to 67, as rains claimed the lives of 25 yesterday alone, 14 districts of Kerala have been issued a red alert, and from Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram, the shutters of 35 dams have been opened.
Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced the death toll rising to 67, with 11 deaths from Malappuram alone, and he also said that the rains are getting higher in the coming days, and 1,5 lakhs people are moved to relief centers across Kerala. Vijayan also informed that he had discussed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to seek help and relief measures with immediate effect.
Holidays have been declared for schools and other educational institutions, and the power services, communication have been totally disrupted, and the state has demanded more National disaster response force and army personnel, as the CM met governor Sathasivam and briefed him on the situation.
Tourist centers like Athirapalli, Munnar have been closed, and flight services have been canceled as well. The train services were also affected, and there were landslides in several places, delaying the trains. Kerala has now sought lifeboats from Tamilnadu, and with water scarcity, the CM has urged people to consume water minimally.
Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO! As per report a man in Andhra Pradesh who found himself under a moving train had a miraculous escape on Saturday at Anantapur railway station. Meanwhile a video of the man lying down on the railway tracks while the train was seen moving over him has gone viral on social media.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45