The deputy Chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam has urged people and the media not to approach the issue of non allocation of land for Karunanidhi memorial at Marina, in a political angle. The DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away on August 7 Chennai's Kauvery hospital, following which there were issues over the memorial for the great leader, as the DMK cadre lead by MK Stalin had requested the Tamilnadu government to allocate land for Karunanidhi memorial near Anna memorial in Marina, but the government had refused the same, citing cases against it pending in high court.
However, the DMK party went for an appeal against the government decision, following which they finally received the court verdict ordering the allocation of land for Kalaignar's memorial at Marina. In such a scenario, yesterday, the Deputy Chief Minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam has spoken on the Marina issue and various other burning issues of the state during his interaction with media. He said that the media and public must not politicize the marina issue, and not gain political advantage out of it or give political colors to the whole issue.
Panneerselvam also stated that the
issue is over, and hence it is not necessary to talk about it. Panneerselvam
said that AIADMK will win in the Thiruvarur and Thirupparakandram by elections,
and that the party is ready for the elections, and will soon announce the
candidates. He also questioned on the illegal ways of TTV Dinakaran with
the candidates list, and on ways in which he is including members for his
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu