As per report Vajpayee's signature in politics was achieving pragmatic consensus, and in this process he earned the respect of his party, allies and opponents. Meanwhile a he projected a harmonious image of India and connected it to the world through his foreign policy outreach. He was very fluent in English, his oratory was at its best in Hindi, with his well timed wit, and carefully chosen words delivered with trademark long pauses, Vajpayee immediately connected with all those who came in contact with him the common man, politicians, bureaucrats, students and world leaders.
Furthermore as foreign minister under the Janata Party government headed by Morarji Desai in 1977, Vajpayee was the first leader to deliver a speech to the United Nations General Assembly in Hindi. Meanwhile he was awarded India's highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, in March 2015. Furthermore he also left a mark with peace initiatives and infrastructural projects.
Further during his second term as prime minister, Vajpayee ordered nuclear
tests in May 1998 in a strategic masterstroke to blunt Pakistan's nuclear
ambitions while at the same time announcing a moratorium on future testing. Moreover
he followed this up with peace overtures to Pakistan, riding on the first
direct bus from India to Pakistan in February 1999. He was undeterred by party
hawks, Vajpayee arrived in Lahore on the bus, accompanied among others by
legendary actor Dev Anand.
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja