As per report another historic event that Vajpayee expressed anguish about was the post Godhra communal riots in Gujarat in 2002 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister. Meanwhile when unwilling to hide his feelings over the riots, Prime Minister Vajpayee said the government must follow "raj dharma". Furthermore in his autobiography, former President Pranab Mukherjee wrote that the Gujarat riots were "possibly the biggest blot" on Vajpayee's government that could have cost the Bharatiya Janata Party the 2004 Lok Sabha elections.
After Vajpayee announced his retirement from politics in 2005 and slipped into relative political oblivion, he was rarely seen in public after suffering a stroke in 2009, and subsequently developed dementia. Meanwhile in his Independence Day speech, Modi said he wants to resolve the Kashmir issue through Vajpayee's doctrine of "Insaniyat, Kashmiriyat, Jamhooriyat", which seeks to preserve the composite Kashmiri culture while ensuring democracy in a humane manner.
Moreover when he assumed office for the second time in 1999 as the head of
a more stable coalition, Vajpayee had to abandon some of the cornerstones of
BJP's policies to get the backing of more secular groups, which included the
BJP's demands for scrapping the special status for Jammu and Kashmir, building
a Hindu temple on the site of the Babri mosque in Ayodhya and abolishing the
separate civil code for Muslims.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections