According to sources heavy rains, floods and resultant damage to road and rail infrastructure across Kerala, coastal and Malnad Karnataka have resulted in a massive spike in the prices of air ticket to and from Bengaluru. As per report the bus service shave completely been shut on many routes from Bengaluru while train services have been partially cancelled.
Meanwhile flights from Bengaluru to Mangaluru (via Hyderabad) cost over Rs 8,000 for Thursday night with no direct flights available at 3:30 pm on popular ticket booking site. Presently there are no flights available to Thiruvananthapuram for Thursday evening and flights on Friday morning cost over Rs 7,000 in the light of the Kochi airport being shut till August 18.
Recently Vistara Airlines announced that they have
capped prices of economy class tickets to Trivandrum from Delhi and Chennai at
Rs 10,000 and Rs 7,000 respectively. Furthermore there are also reports of
multiple passengers of international flights, especially those arriving from
Gulf countries wishing to travel to Kerala, who are now stranded at Bengaluru
airport. Moreover Latha, the Public Relation Officer at the
Karnataka State Transport Corporation, said, “All services towards Kerala, except
Palakkad sector, are not functioning and the premium services from
Bengaluru to Mangaluru and other coastal areas have also been
stopped. Reports added only express services are running
through Charmadi Ghat.”
India moving towards 5G: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s telecom sector has revived from its period of “darkness” and are among the fastest growing sectors in the country. Meanwhile when speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the India International Convention and Expo Centre here
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD