According to sources heavy rains, floods and resultant damage to road and rail infrastructure across Kerala, coastal and Malnad Karnataka have resulted in a massive spike in the prices of air ticket to and from Bengaluru. As per report the bus service shave completely been shut on many routes from Bengaluru while train services have been partially cancelled.
Meanwhile flights from Bengaluru to Mangaluru (via Hyderabad) cost over Rs 8,000 for Thursday night with no direct flights available at 3:30 pm on popular ticket booking site. Presently there are no flights available to Thiruvananthapuram for Thursday evening and flights on Friday morning cost over Rs 7,000 in the light of the Kochi airport being shut till August 18.
Recently Vistara Airlines announced that they have
capped prices of economy class tickets to Trivandrum from Delhi and Chennai at
Rs 10,000 and Rs 7,000 respectively. Furthermore there are also reports of
multiple passengers of international flights, especially those arriving from
Gulf countries wishing to travel to Kerala, who are now stranded at Bengaluru
airport. Moreover Latha, the Public Relation Officer at the
Karnataka State Transport Corporation, said, “All services towards Kerala, except
Palakkad sector, are not functioning and the premium services from
Bengaluru to Mangaluru and other coastal areas have also been
stopped. Reports added only express services are running
through Charmadi Ghat.”
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!