According to Kozhencherry Muthoot Hospital on College Road in Pathanamthitta district has been badly affected by the floods and is inundated with water. As per report the flood water has reached the first floor and is continuing to rise to the second floor, said employees of the hospital, who spoke to TNM. Meanwhile most of the ICU patients have been shifted to other hospitals, around 200 people, including the staff members of the hospital and the remaining patients, are being shifted to Muthoot’s orphanage here.
Presently rescue teams operations are developing in a phased manner. Shyna, a nurse at the hospital said “Around 200 patients are yet to be moved out, while a 15 member capacity boat has arrived, only four to five patients are being taken at a time due to the turbidity of the water”.
Moreover according to Shyna, water entered the
hospital on Wednesday morning and has been increasing since. She described as “The
water is so high that one will start floating”. She said “The hospital does not
have sufficient food and water supply as well and the hospital has also run out
of oxygen for the stranded patients on ventilators and others”. Further the
reception, pharmacy, X-Ray, MRA and CT labs were located on the ground floor
and the pharmacy has been relocated to the second floor
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!