As heavy rains continue to lash Kerala and several parts witness increasing inundation, social media platforms are flooded with SOS (save of souls) video messages from people who are forced to take refuge on the terraces and top floors of their houses. Meanwhile with increasing rains, flood waters have entered houses in several districts, including Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha.
Presently this has forced many residents, including children, pregnant women and the elderly, to shift to the top floors and terraces of their houses. Accordingly many have been stranded there for a few days now without food, water, electricity and barely any charge left on their cell phones. Furthermore as calls to control rooms go unanswered, people continue to wait for the rescue operation teams to provide them with boat or airlift services and relocate them to a safer place.
Moreover in one video, a man from Chengannur can be
heard asking for immediate help. “Dear people, we are stranded in a two storey
house near KTDC Sarathy Hotel and added people in several houses here too are
stranded. Since last evening, we are told that the Navy will come to our
rescue; but, until now, nobody has come to our rescue. We probably have only
one hour to be rescued or live, as the flood water has reached the first storey.”
Moreover in another video, a woman is seen requesting officials to rescue her
family from her house near Malakkara on Chengannur-Kozhenchery route.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues