As heavy rains continue to lash Kerala and several parts witness increasing inundation, social media platforms are flooded with SOS (save of souls) video messages from people who are forced to take refuge on the terraces and top floors of their houses. Meanwhile with increasing rains, flood waters have entered houses in several districts, including Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha.
Presently this has forced many residents, including children, pregnant women and the elderly, to shift to the top floors and terraces of their houses. Accordingly many have been stranded there for a few days now without food, water, electricity and barely any charge left on their cell phones. Furthermore as calls to control rooms go unanswered, people continue to wait for the rescue operation teams to provide them with boat or airlift services and relocate them to a safer place.
Moreover in one video, a man from Chengannur can be
heard asking for immediate help. “Dear people, we are stranded in a two storey
house near KTDC Sarathy Hotel and added people in several houses here too are
stranded. Since last evening, we are told that the Navy will come to our
rescue; but, until now, nobody has come to our rescue. We probably have only
one hour to be rescued or live, as the flood water has reached the first storey.”
Moreover in another video, a woman is seen requesting officials to rescue her
family from her house near Malakkara on Chengannur-Kozhenchery route.
Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided According to sources Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami Friday made a strong pitch for a second term for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, lauding him for the air strikes on terror camps in Pakistan and saying he was the "only qualified" leader to ensure the nation's security. Meanwhile Modi was an "efficient and strong leader", he said launching his campaign for the April 18 Lok Sabha elections
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices
- TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts