Accordingly the rupee devalued further on Thursday falling to a new record low of Rs 70.20 against the dollar. Earlier the rupee, which was last at 70.1 to the dollar, further slipped to 70.20 during early trade on Thursday. As per report the fall was due to the drop in value of the Turkish lira, which helped the US dollar to gain and this has spread fears that the economic slump in Turkey could spread to other countries.
Moreover on Wednesday Union Minister Arun Jaitley said that the country has enough foreign exchange reserves to deal with the volatility and that the developments are being closely watched by the concerned departments. Furthermore the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Further reports also suggest heavy sell-off in global currencies increased the demand for safe haven assets and caused the rupee to plunge.
Meanwhile this fall of the rupee against the dollar
will go on to affect the buying capabilities of the country, aka imports and it
will also start inflating household expenses and hit personal budgets. As per
the latest data from the RBI, its foreign exchange reserves were at
$402.70 billion in the week ended August 3, down $1.49 billion when compared to
the preceding week.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam