Accordingly the rupee devalued further on Thursday falling to a new record low of Rs 70.20 against the dollar. Earlier the rupee, which was last at 70.1 to the dollar, further slipped to 70.20 during early trade on Thursday. As per report the fall was due to the drop in value of the Turkish lira, which helped the US dollar to gain and this has spread fears that the economic slump in Turkey could spread to other countries.
Moreover on Wednesday Union Minister Arun Jaitley said that the country has enough foreign exchange reserves to deal with the volatility and that the developments are being closely watched by the concerned departments. Furthermore the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Further reports also suggest heavy sell-off in global currencies increased the demand for safe haven assets and caused the rupee to plunge.
Meanwhile this fall of the rupee against the dollar
will go on to affect the buying capabilities of the country, aka imports and it
will also start inflating household expenses and hit personal budgets. As per
the latest data from the RBI, its foreign exchange reserves were at
$402.70 billion in the week ended August 3, down $1.49 billion when compared to
the preceding week.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!