New Delhi sources stated that former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was cremated at Smriti Sthal on the bank of Yamuna in New Delhi at 4 pm on August 17, 2018. Accordingly Vajpayee's mortal remains were kept at his residence 6-A Krishna Menon Marg on Thursday night and people were allowed to pay their last respect from 7.30 am to 8.30 am. Reports added that Vajpayee's body was taken to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters at 11 Ashoka Road at around 9 am for the common people to pay their respect.
Moreover his final journey started at 1 pm on Friday from the BJP headquarters towards ITO and from there it went towards Delhi Gate, Rajghat (the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi) and then Smriti Sthal where the last rites took place. Vajpayee died on Thursday evening after a prolonged illness at New Delhi's All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Furthermore the Centre has declared seven days of national mourning for
Vajpayee, who became the prime minister of India thrice. Moreover the National
Flag will be flown at half-mast till August 22, 2018, as a mark of respect for
the departed leader. Further leaders from across the political spectrum paid
rich tributes to Vajpayee. Moreover President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister
Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi, union ministers and chief
ministers recalled Vajpayee as a great statesman, orator and leader who
believed in developing consensus on all major national issues.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party