New Delhi sources stated that former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was cremated at Smriti Sthal on the bank of Yamuna in New Delhi at 4 pm on August 17, 2018. Accordingly Vajpayee's mortal remains were kept at his residence 6-A Krishna Menon Marg on Thursday night and people were allowed to pay their last respect from 7.30 am to 8.30 am. Reports added that Vajpayee's body was taken to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters at 11 Ashoka Road at around 9 am for the common people to pay their respect.
Moreover his final journey started at 1 pm on Friday from the BJP headquarters towards ITO and from there it went towards Delhi Gate, Rajghat (the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi) and then Smriti Sthal where the last rites took place. Vajpayee died on Thursday evening after a prolonged illness at New Delhi's All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Furthermore the Centre has declared seven days of national mourning for
Vajpayee, who became the prime minister of India thrice. Moreover the National
Flag will be flown at half-mast till August 22, 2018, as a mark of respect for
the departed leader. Further leaders from across the political spectrum paid
rich tributes to Vajpayee. Moreover President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister
Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi, union ministers and chief
ministers recalled Vajpayee as a great statesman, orator and leader who
believed in developing consensus on all major national issues.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites