According to sources Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said he has approached Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding help for Kerala, which is reeling under the worst bout of monsoon rain in a Century. Calling it a "tragedy without parallel", Mr. Gandhi said he has requested the Prime Minister to "massively increase the deployment of the Army & Navy" in the state. Meanwhile PM Modi tweeted that he spoke to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and also asked the Defense Ministry to "further step up" operations.
Meanwhile the Southern Naval Command has already suspended all training and rushed troops and other resources for rescue operations in the flood hit state. As per report all three defense forces, the NDRF and private groups as rescue work had continued through last night as rain pelted down. Moreover the Congress chief has already asked party workers to "step up & help those in need" in the state, where the rivers are in spate.
Presently more than 50,000 people have lost their
homes and accordingly an alert has now been issued from the Chief Minister's
office which warned that the water level in both Periyar and Chalakudy rivers
will rise. A tweet from the official handle of the CMO said "People in 1km
radius of Chalakudy, and those inside ½ km of radius of Aluva, must evacuate
the place immediately”.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India