As per report the Supreme Court on Friday said that the sub-committee must examine and find a way, if possible, to reduce the water level of the Mullaperiyar Dam to 139ft and ensure that it doesn’t cross the threshold. Meanwhile the Centre told the court that the sub-committee has decided to bring the level down by 2-3 feet in a phased manner, reported Bar and Bench.
Accordingly this came after a private person filed a plea with the apex court and asked for an urgent hearing on Thursday. Furthermore he sought the announcement of a Disaster Management Plan and the water levels of the dam to be monitored by Tamilnadu. According to sources the court commended Kerala’s efforts to combat the crisis, but also asked the Kerala Chief Secretary to file an affidavit on the steps the state has taken to mitigate the crisis, and said that the state must follow the instructions issued by the National Crisis Management Committee for rescuing and rehabilitating people.
Further the Centre said that the situation was being monitored by the
Cabinet Secretary. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan wrote a letter to his
Tamilnadu counterpart Edappadi Palaniswami on Wednesday, urging him to ensure
that the outflow from Mullaperiyar dam is more than the inflow, thereby
bringing the level of water down to 139 ft. Presently the dam is located in
Kerala, but it is controlled and operated by the Tamilnadu government. Earlier on
Thursday night, Pinarayi said that the TN government was cooperating well
following the Prime Minister’s intervention.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!