As per report the Supreme Court on Friday said that the sub-committee must examine and find a way, if possible, to reduce the water level of the Mullaperiyar Dam to 139ft and ensure that it doesn’t cross the threshold. Meanwhile the Centre told the court that the sub-committee has decided to bring the level down by 2-3 feet in a phased manner, reported Bar and Bench.
Accordingly this came after a private person filed a plea with the apex court and asked for an urgent hearing on Thursday. Furthermore he sought the announcement of a Disaster Management Plan and the water levels of the dam to be monitored by Tamilnadu. According to sources the court commended Kerala’s efforts to combat the crisis, but also asked the Kerala Chief Secretary to file an affidavit on the steps the state has taken to mitigate the crisis, and said that the state must follow the instructions issued by the National Crisis Management Committee for rescuing and rehabilitating people.
Further the Centre said that the situation was being monitored by the
Cabinet Secretary. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan wrote a letter to his
Tamilnadu counterpart Edappadi Palaniswami on Wednesday, urging him to ensure
that the outflow from Mullaperiyar dam is more than the inflow, thereby
bringing the level of water down to 139 ft. Presently the dam is located in
Kerala, but it is controlled and operated by the Tamilnadu government. Earlier on
Thursday night, Pinarayi said that the TN government was cooperating well
following the Prime Minister’s intervention.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers